Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Where Awesome Happens Public Service Announcement

By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com

I've decided to make childhood obesity my new cause. Once I decided on a cause, I read a lot of literature on the current statistics, causes, potential cures, etc. The overwhelming conclusion is that the most effective way to fight childhood obesity is with better nutrition, smaller meal portions and increased physical activity. Any type of physical activity helps- walking, sports, bike riding, skateboarding, etc.

Then I saw a video on YouTube that confirmed the conclusions of the experts so conclusively that I couldn't help by laugh aloud: skateboards are extremely effective for warding off the advancements of childhood obesity. Have a look.




UPDATE: I was writing this entry, and at the bottom of the entry I have to type in the "Labels" or "Tags" for this article. So I was gonna type in "childhood obeseity" and once I was partway through, my server suggested "Fighting Childhood Obesity" since it had been used previously. I didn't recall using it, so I checked out the article where it was used. It's eerily similar to this one.

This proves that I've still got it!

No comments: