Sunday, August 2, 2009
By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com, AndyDisco on Twitter
Our Boy, Jay-Z, just headlined some festival in place of the Beastie-Boys. He opened with this badass cover of No Sleep Til Brooklyn. He covered the parts of the song sung by MCA who just announced he has cancer (I forget of what, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now), which is why the band dropped out of their gig at the festival.
Great song, great cover song. You're crazy for that one, Rick.
I'm T.R. Slyder, and that's how you Tangueray.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com
1) I'm a loser
2) I have too much free time
3) My memory is at best when the subject matter matters the least
4) I was searching for a particular Little Caeser's commercial and wasn't able to find it, but while looking for it, I watched a few other Little Caeser's commercials for old time's sake.
5) This was one of them (You'll have to listen to the whole clip for #6 to make sense).
6)Then I realized that that dog's voice was sampled at the very beginning of the song heard here: (The official video of the song can't be embedded, so I had to use this video version, which is actually amusing, but the audio clip is the important thing, and it's spot on).
7) Now you see why I am disappointed.