By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com, @AndyDisco on Twitter
This should be two posts but I'm making it one just so I can be the only blogger of all time to put these together.
First two great articles I read today. And one yesterday. And it took me damn near all day.
1. Matt Taibbi's very important read about our impotent congress grabbing its ankles for wall street and their lobbyists.
2. Sports Illustrated's awesome article about the LeBron James of soccer- Lionel Messi and his relationship with his coach, and is the Babe Ruth of Argentinan soccer, Diego Maradona (pictured above as Lego). If you more or less know most of the story, this article is well-researched (and yes, long) enough to still teach you a lot of new stuff and if you are excited about the World Cup but aren't too familiar with who is good or any storylines, this might be a good place to bone up on your knowledge to make the World Cup more interesting.
3. Not to drink too much of the haterade, but the NYT Magazine coverstory on M.I.A. is good. She had it comin.
4. these two banksy articles. This one on Slate and this one on Salon.
5. This truth-is-stranger-than-fiction story about a teenager who forged a Shakespeare play in England in 1795 and it was made into a play and totally busted because it sucked. It's a sweet article. It's at SmithsonianMag.com
Now the video goods: The Chi doin big thangs in their homage to Chicken Noodle Soup, shown below.
They're eating chicken wings on the dance-floor, how playa is that mang?
I love that she's wearing Stan Smith's in the very beginning!
That's how I roll.