Thursday, June 17, 2010

Shots on Goal


By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com, @AndyDisco on Twitter


I know this has been a low scoring World Cup, but what I'd like to know is if fewer shots on goal have been attempted? I have seen about 7 actual saves from goalkeepers so far, and I've seen at least 8938378940043908233737363 shots that were at least 2 yards wide of the goal and never had a chance of going in. When a team is down by a goal late in the game and they have an scoring opportunity, it baffles me when a player's shot misses high and wide by 15 yards despite the shot being taken from about 10 yards out.

With seemingly half of the goals we HAVE seen have been soft goals let in via goalkeeping bluders, I don't understand why more shots are not on goal.

Apparently losing is preferable to benefiting from a garbage goal.




That's how I roll.

No comments: