Monday, October 19, 2009

My $.02 About Curb Your Enthusiasm

By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com, AndyDisco on Twitter

I like the show enough but I can't get over how the combination of two elements. Element #1 is that Larry David's character is just an a-hole- Not everyone is nice, I get that. But element #2 is how he is obsessed with delineating and following social rules- the inviter always pays for the invitee's lunch, even when the invitee insists (and touches the bill first), or when out to lunch with a friend and you go dutch, you coordinate the tip, etc.

But if Larry is so compelled with creating and following these advanced social norms, why does he completely ignore the most basic social tenet of "don't be a total asshole"? That's like trying to learn calculus before you know how to add.








That's how I roll.

No comments: