Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rachel Alexandra got a 116 Beyer Speed Figure for her Haskeel Effort


By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com, AndyDisco on Twitter


That is HUUUUUUGE. My first instinct was to call that figure "outlandish", or, "ridiculous" but I didn't want to convey that I don't believe in those figures' credibility. I believe in them. And I was expecting a a big figure, but closer to low 110's. I guess therein lies why I feel that Rachel Alexandra really demands me celebrating her, I've never said thought this about another horse before- Rachel Alexandra shocks me every single time I have seen her run.

I don't get called stupid very often, I'm rarely shocked, and I am very familar with the adage, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.". But I am happy to be shocked and shamed by her (does that make me a masochist?).

The list of other horse that have almost kinda nearly shocked me more than twice? Ummm. Off the top of my head? Ummm. Ghostzapper and Smarty Jones shocked me about twice each,but then retired. Other horses have shocked me twice, but for the sake of brevity their names were excluded. But Goddamn, my hat, shirt, pants and underwear is off to Rachel Alexandra. She is the best.












I'm T.R. Slyder, and that's how you Tangueray.

No comments: