Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Cutesy Story


By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com, AndyDisco on Twitter

I won't get mad at you if you don't click this link and read the story, but if you need a pick-me-up or are skeptical about why I like horse racing, then check it out.

I'll ruin the story for you anyway- a little girl got to pet Rachel Alexandra while Rachel was in her stall at Saratoga. That's pretty much it.

That's what's neat about horse racing. Human athletes can rebuff kids for autographs, or get arrested with a DUI, say something stupid in the media, or hold out for money and leave your town and break your kid's heart. But when your kid likes a horse, they get to pet its nose and maybe even feed a carrot or peppermint before it goes to sleep on it's pile of hay.








I'm T.R. Slyder, and that's how you Tangueray.

No comments: