Friday, July 17, 2009

The WhereAwesomeHappens Homage to Popurls

(I chose that picture at Random from my WAH folder)

By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com

As I've mentioned before, and linked in my margin, the site http://popurls.com/. If you don't recall me mentioning it, you've seen my links to it before. Anyway, I thought I'd send a link from each of my favorite websites today.

HuffingtonPost (my homepage): Walter Cronkite (I almost typed "Croakite" but didn't) pics
runner up: Hot Rod Blagojevich gets radio host gig

Freakonomics: Swoopo seems kinda awesome.

ChicagoTribune: The Chicago rail system gets $$ and expects improvements

Gawker: Blind Items I read them everyday. It's a guilty pleasure, and I'm guilty. And pleasurable pleased.

DailyRacingForm: This weekend had some dominant performances

Deadspin: Erin Andrews Attorney speaks about a video that I didn't see that I wished I had, that was posted on a website whose editor I know. (It might help to read this one first)

TheYBF.com (note that it is NOT TheyBF.com. I was disappointed to learn that as well): YBF Exclusive Interview: Maxwell

DrudgeReport: A female dog is nursing abandoned Pandas in China.
(also liked: Cop doesn't like iPhone App that helps iPhone App users avoid cop checkpoints.)

FMyLife: Maybe women really are bad drivers.

BattingStanceGuy.com: The whole website

Jezebel: What if Pixar made the new Where The Wild Things Are movie?

BBC: Former Iranian President calls for release of jailed protesters
runner up: jogger attacked by a buzzard

Mediaite: Does the NYT hold Maureen Dowd to a different, lower standard?

Wired: 10 most dangerous foods to eat while driving.

The Big Lead: Pacman Jones Making it Rain Video

Indexed: Fireworks and Kisses, charted

FiveThirtyEight.com: The Global Obama Effect Considered, and Charted

The MemoryPalace: High Societies

TheDailyBeast: ArtBeast

WhereAwesomeHappens: Michael Jackson Did the White Man's Overbite
runner up: Chuck E. Cheese Band covering Usher

No comments: