Saturday, April 11, 2009

Trying out Something New: Grammar Call Outs


By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com

Bad grammar annoys me more than it annoys most people. Also, I am stupid enough to read the Comments-section occasionally for web articles that I enjoy. Inevitably, these are a breeding ground for the worst of the worst grammar on the internet. So I decided to start posting examples of extra-bad grammar.

Here's today's entrant. It's from this quasi-article on the Daily Racing Form's website. In the rant, this guy, "Race" sounds off about Kent Desormeaux, a jockey he dislikes. Let's have a look, shall we?

race says:

To "Prozackjack"---I agree hold heartely with your comments with Desormeaux---He's a head case, and cannot be trusted. My wife keeps telling me to let it go, but after he blew the Belmont with Big Brown with enough room for a Tracker Trailer to go through on the rail, I swore off him--and yes, he had to leave California go to another Country, and now he's riding high--Believe me---he'll show his color's soon in a big race, he already does every other day and it's head scratching, but not a big enough race to get any ink, and those in California will say "I told you so"----race

Posted by race Apr 11, 2009 12:14:15 PM



Congratulations "race"---- You don't understand life-----How does "hold heartely" make more sense than "whole"? By the way, you are allowed to use periods-----instead of "-----" dashes. I forgot to tell you that earlier.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree hold heartely with you're decision to post these comments about the morans of the US---you're choices are done really good. I dunn copied and paste'd this little ditty...hopefully you can use this. Its too sentences from the broad who call'd 911 when she didnt get her mcnuggets.


911 OPERATOR: You already spoke with the manager?

GOODMAN: She say she are the manager.

Feel free two post this.