Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Just got Snubbed by the Bob Ross of Horse Racing.

By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com

Wow. Talk about feeling low! That's like having Mr. Rogers tell you that you're queer or something. Check this out. Steve Haskin, my favorite KY Derby Reporter is having a live chat today on www.TheBloodhorse.com. It was funny timing because I visited the website randomly, and noticed the chat was to begin in like 1 minute. (This is eerily reminiscent of Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber when he sees the sign in the bathroom stall to be there at a certain time for Hot, Manly Love, and as he checks his watch, he realizes it's exactly that time, then he almost gets BF'd against his will in the restroom.)

So I log on and ask the first question, which I thought was clear and legit. Seabass Mr. Haskin viewed it differently.


4:01
BH Staff: Steve welcomes everyone to this live chat. He will be responding to your questions and comments shortly.
4:03
[Comment From Willliam Coyle]
Hey Steve,
4:03
[Comment From Jeannie]
Hello Steve,
4:03
[Comment From T.R. Slyder]
Steve, where do you draw the line in your Derby Dozen separating the top tier from the second tier? Thanks, and keep up the great work! -TR in Chicago
4:05
SteveHaskin: T.R. Not sure what you mean. I draw the line at No. 12, unless I do a baker's dozen on that particular week


And there you have it. Thanks for coming out, Steve. Now I know how Dr. Kevin felt when his uncle hilariously snubbed him at Thanksgiving.

So I learned that, though you rank 12 and oftentimes 13 horses in your "Dozen" the talent discrepency separating each is precisely uniform, even if you can't separate 12 from 13. Got it.

No comments: