Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cubs Fan Emotion-o-Meter

(please note in that picture that Harry has one cup inside the other. That was not beer #1 on the day for our friend Harry)

By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com

I'm gonna start doing this everyday now. The Cubs (with a record of 86-57) have a 4.5 game lead over the Milwonky Brewers (82-62) in the NL Central with 19 games left to play. Lately the Cubs have struggled a little bit which would be a bigger deal, but had Milwonky has also struggled recently. Tonight the Cubs play the always dangerous St. Louis Cardinals (77-66), Milwonky has a much easier opponent in the Cincinnati Reds (65-79).

Cubs Emotion-o-Meter word(s) of the day: Vigilant Optimism. No reason for panic, or all-out "concern", but something to watch.

Cubs Emotion-o-Meter Picture that sums up how knowledgeable Cubs fans ought to be feeling right now:


One cool cucumber customer.

(in the interest of full disclosure I misspelled "knowledgeable" before I spell-checked. I may not be a knowledgeable fan, myself. But I am "knowledgable", at least.)




No comments: