Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cubs Emotion-o-Meter: ZAMBRANO NO HITTER:9 /14 Edition; 15 games left



By: T.R. Slyder, TRSlyder@yahoo.com

Great day at the office for Cubs fans. As I type now, Zambrano has a no hitter going through 8 innings and Milwonky lost TWICE today! As of this second the Magic Number is 8, and in about 20 minutes it will be officially down to 7 (the Cubs are leading 5-0). Oh, and did I mention, just to salt the Milwonky wounds after losing twice today, Zambrano is doing this IN Milwaukee?? Hurricane Ike postponed the Cubs versus Astros games in Houston, so they're playing tonight and tomorrow at a neutral ballpark- Milwaukee.

I'm going live-blog style for the last half-inning.

9:19pm: Trying not to jinx this.

9:19: Oh, and a friend texted me today to let me know that she had tickets to the game and asked if I wanted to go.

9:20: One pitch, one out. Groundball to The Riot. This is kinda awesome

9:21: pinch hitter Jose Castillo. he grounds out to Theriot as well. two outs.

9:22: Darren Erstad is the potential final out.

9:23: 2-2 pitch and Zambrano bounced a fastball. HE DID ITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! CARLOS ZAMBRANO DID IT!!!!!!!!! NO HITTER!!!!!!!! FIRST ONE SINCE 1972 FOR THE CUBBBSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Moly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE RON SANTO DOESN'T HAVE AN H.A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAGIC NUMBER DOWN TO 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:26: deep breath. That. was. awesome. First no hitter since Milt Papas in 1972 for the Cubs. So far Santo hasn't had an H.A., thank baby Jesus and Allah.


Cubs-Emotion-o-Meter Word(s) of the Day: "I'll be Goddamned!!!!"


Cubs Emotion-o-Meter Fan Monkeyified: I'm so happy I could do this.



No comments: